Monday, April 18, 2011

Reach High and Dream Deep

This weekend I had a day like no other. In this life we have options: we can choose what we do with each day as it is our very own soul which determines where we go, what we do and what we say.

Many times I have thought of great adventures and never done them but thanks to a beautiful inspiration named Peggy, I realized that what we set are mind to can happen.
Peggy tells us that LIFE IS GOOD and on Saturday she lived this through a heart-warming breakfast for us followed by a thoughtful message to follow our passions that one day we may be in her spot pouring out love and care to students like us. We set out on an adventure which included the Richard Nixon library, a Gelson's potluck lunch enjoyed on a boat ride around Newport Harbor in which we shared the sea with dolphins, a seal and paddle-boarders, a perspective-changing helicopter ride up and down the coast, a walk through Balboa complete with Balboa Bars and chocolate covered bananas and a lovely evening dinner at her Newport house which we enjoyed by sunset and thought-provoking conversation.

Peggy knows what is good and she has shown us in Love. I hope and pray that I will follow her example and love and care this deeply...while being so full of lighthearted fun!
I am determined to, like Peggy did for us on Saturday, take what I think and make it happen.

Quote of the Day:
"I believe that even when people can't speak your language, they can tell if you have love in your heart" -Pat Nixon

No comments: